We are here to explain and answer all the questions you have
Number of Results:
What should I have to do before applying for a domestic laborer visa?
- Requester should be registered in Absher system. For more information on Absher registration Click here
- Pay domestic laborer visa fee (2000SAR) through Sadad or an ATM before uploading request
- Make sure to pay all traffic violations before uploading request
How to pay for visa issuing fee?
Payment occurs through Sadad or an ATM before request is uploaded
Is there an age limit for the requester?
Age limit only applies to the single citizen in which the requester’s age should be older than 25 years. There is no age limit for other categories
Does Musaned system supports visa issuing for people with special needs?
For the purpose of supporting this precious category of society, The ministry of Labor and the Ministry of Social Affairs exempt people with special needs from paying the visa fees (2000 SAR).Unfortunately, the system does not provide this service at the moment and it is working on including it in the near future،
Does the system show all visas under my name?
The system shows all requests issued through the electronic system for individuals only. The system does not show requests for government or private Istiqdam offices
What is the difference between the fees of the visa and the cost of the electronic service for issuing visa?
The fees of the visa are the fees required by the governmental authorities to obtain the visa SAR 2000. The cost of the electronic service for issuing the visa (SAR 150) is the operational cost of the Domestic Employment Program (Musaned).
What is the required amount for obtaining the electronic service for issuing the visa? And how is it paid?
SAR 150 through Sadad channels – Tamkeen Company for Technologies 156.
Are there free channels for domestic worker visas?
All channels require paying fees of recruitment SAR 2000, but you can obtain the service free of operational charge for Musaned program (SAR 150) by visiting one of the individual recruitment departments of the Ministry of Labor and Social Development.
How can you refund the costs of issuing the e-Visa?
The amount can be refunded through your account at Musaned by filling out the refund request form in case of rejecting the request
What is the domestic labor wages protection system?
The domestic labor wages protection system is a system that aims to protect and secure both the employer and domestic worker rights, facilitate payroll management, and limit the breaches occurring in the labor market.
What is the domestic worker payroll card?
It is a prepaid MADA card that enables the employer to pay the domestic workers’ wages and incentives electronically via recognize banking channels
Should the payroll card be issued before or after updating the contract information?
The payroll card should be issued before updating the contact information.
What are the channels provided to update domestic workers’ contacts information?
The updating of domestic workers’ contracts information must be done via Musaned online portal.
How to update domestic workers’ contract information?
- Open Musaned online portal.
- View the listed domestic workers.
- Select the domestic worker who you wish to update her/his contract information.
- Update the employer’s address in case required.
- Fill up the form by specifying the amount of the monthly wage and the domestic worker’s prepaid payroll card details.
- Accept the terms of the disclaimer to finalize the authorization process.
How to issue the domestic workers’ payroll card?
The domestic workers’ prepaid payroll card can be obtained by visiting one of the service providing banks.
Who is responsible of issuing the domestic workers’ payroll card?
The employer is responsible of issuing the domestic workers’ payroll card.
What are the procedures for issuing a salary card for domestic workers?
Please provide all necessary details and requirements.
- Does the presence of the employer require the issuance of the domestic worker's payroll card?
- What processes can a domestic worker do on the card?
- What is the highest limit of operations allowed
- And others
What is the amount of the monthly wage that must be specified in the contract updating form?
The employer must specify the exact amount mentioned in the original recruitment contract.
Must the employer print out or obtain a hardcopy of the updated contract?
The employer can print out the updated contract for own purposes and provide the domestic worker with a copy as well, while the electronic copy is sufficient.
Is the updating of the domestic workers’ contract information mandatory?
Updating data of domestic labor contract is optional to protect the rights of employers and domestic workers
Is it mandatory to updating the existing domestic workers’ contracts information and issue their prepaid payroll cards or only new ones?
Issuing the payroll cards for domestic labor and the update of the contract data through Musaned portal include all domestic workers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Is it required to wire transfer the whole amount of the monthly wage?
Yes, it is required to wire transfer the whole amount.
Is it possible to transfer the salary of domestic workers directly to a bank account outside Saudi Arabia?
No, the employer must transfer the full salary to the domestic worker through his/her payroll card.
I do not have a domestic worker’s contract; how can I update it?
Open Musaned online portal and review the domestic workers listed in the system, then select the one you wish to update her/his contract information to start the process.
Is it mandatory to confirm the wire transfer of the monthly wage via Musaned online portal after updating the domestic worker’s contract information?
No, it is not mandatory for the employer to confirm the wire transfer of the domestic worker’s monthly wage.
Should it be from the employer's personal account or can it be transferred from the institution account owned by the employer?
You can only transfer from your personal employer account.
Is there a fee on updating the data of domestic labor contracts service through a Musaned portal?
There is no fee on updating the data of domestic labor contracts service through a Musaned portal.
What is the duration of the domestic labor probation period?
The employer & domestic labor may agree to place the domestic labor on probation for a period not exceeding (ninety) days, during which the employer shall ensure the professional competence of the domestic labor and his proper personal conduct.
Is it permitted to place the domestic labor under probation more than once?
It is not permissible to put the domestic worker on probation for more than once with the same employer, unless the parties agree that the domestic workers shall work in a different profession.
What are the contracting conditions between the employer & the domestic labor?
The work relationship between the domestic labor & the employer shall be regulated by a written contract. The Arabic text shall be the prevailing version. The contract and its translation - if any – shall be issued in three copies, with each party retaining a copy and the third one shall be deposited with the Private Recruitment Office/Company.
What are the main components of the contract between the employer & the domestic Labor?
There should be a clear identification of the following main factors in the contract between the employer & the domestic labor:
- The type of work to be performed by the domestic labor
- The Wage that the employer shall pay to the domestic labor
- Rights and obligations of both parties
- Duration of the probation period
- Duration of the contract and method of extension
Can the employer terminate the contract during the probation period without being held responsible?
The employer may terminate the contract upon his own will during the probation period without any responsibility on him, if the domestic worker is proved to be unfit.
What is the process to be taken in case the contract has been expired or terminated for an illegal reason?
If the contract has expired, or cancelled by the employer for an illegitimate reason, or by the domestic labor for a legitimate reason, the employer shall bear the value of the ticket for repatriation of the domestic labor to his/her country.
What is the process to be taken in case the contract has terminated for the death of one of the parties?
The Contract shall expire by the death of the employer or the domestic worker. If the employer's family is willing to keep the domestic labor, they will have to check with the labor office to correct the name of the employer
What work should be given to the domestic labor?
The employer is obliged:
- Not to assign the domestic labor with work not agreed upon in the contract, or working for others, except in cases of necessity, ensuring the work is not substantially different from his/her original work.
- Not to assign the domestic labor any risky work to health or safety of his/her body, or negatively affects his/her dignity.
- Not to sublet the domestic labor, or allow him/her to work for his/her own account.
What work should the domestic labor abide by?
The domestic labor is obliged:
- To perform the work agreed upon, serving the employer.
- Not to reject work or quit service without a legitimate reason.
- Not to work for his own account.
What is the wage that the employer should pay to the domestic labor? How & when shall he pay it?
The employer is obliged:
- To pay the agreed wage at the end of each Hijri month, unless the parties agree -otherwise- in writing.
- To pay the wage and entitlements in cash or by check, and document it in writing, unless the labor wants to transfer the wage to a specific bank account.
Is it permitted to deduct from the wage of the domestic labor in any case?
The wage of the domestic labor may not be deducted except in the following cases and not with more than half the wage:
- Costs of what he/she intentionally or negligently damaged.
- A down payment he/she obtained from the employer
- Implementation of a court judgment or an administrative decision issued against him/her, unless it has been stipulated in the court judgment or the administrative decision that the deduction exceeds half the wage.
When is the domestic labor eligible for end of service benefit?
The domestic labor shall be entitled for end of service award of one month pay if he completed four consecutive years in the service of the employer.
How many hours of daily rest should the domestic labor be given?
The domestic labor shall be allowed to enjoy a daily rest for at least nine hours a day.
Should the employer give the domestic labor weekly rest?
The domestic labor may get one day off per week, based on the agreement of the parties in the contract.
What medical care should the employer provide for the domestic labor?
Medical Care shall be provided to the domestic labor in accordance with the rules and regulations enforced in the Kingdom.
What are the obligations of the domestic labor toward the property of the employer?
The domestic labor is obliged to maintain the property of the employer and his family members.
What are the obligations of the domestic labor toward the safety & privacy of the employer & his family?
The domestic labor is obliged:
- Not to harm any of the family members, including children and the elderly.
- To maintain the confidential information of the employer and his family members and people in the house, which come to his knowledge at work or because of it, and not to disclose it to third parties.
- Not to harm the dignity of the employer and his family members, and not to interfere in their own affairs.
What are the obligations of the domestic labor toward the religion of the employer?
The domestic labor is obliged to respect the Islamic religion, and abide by the regulations enforced in the Kingdom, as well as the habits and traditions of the Saudi society, and not to engage in any activity that is detrimental to the family.